Good replacement for the zoom505II?

Mxr20

• Members

the zoom is like a girlfriend I'm ashamed of :o

cheesy, the delays are untweakable, the features kinda lame.. but I can't stop playing

but... I was looking at upgrading. Is the zoom g1/g2 anything new (32bit wowz) or is it just the same thing with sleeker packaging?

• Members

People are sleeping on the Zoom effects line. 15 years from now, people are gonna want a G series Zoom processor for that "classic br00tal" sound. Roll with the G2.1 and you'll forget you even had a 505mkII. I have one somewhere in one of my guitar cases. I have a G7.1tt and I never even look at that 505 anymore BUT it serves its purpose when you need a small MFX to practice with on a trip where you only want to take your axe. The G series is MUCH MUCH better than the old 505, 606, 504, etc.

• Members
People are sleeping on the Zoom effects line. 15 years from now, people are gonna want a G series Zoom processor for that "classic br00tal" sound. Roll with the G2.1 and you'll forget you even had a 505mkII. I have one somewhere in one of my guitar cases. I have a G7.1tt and I never even look at that 505 anymore BUT it serves its purpose when you need a small MFX to practice with on a trip where you only want to take your axe. The G series is MUCH MUCH better than the old 505, 606, 504, etc.

how faithful are the gain models? not just in distortion character and clipping, but touch response and dynamics

Iwant a model that sounds like a marshall and acts like one

same with the vox and fender

course, it's too much to ask they take a rangemaster like either do :D

• Members

You want a $300 unit to do the job of $4500 worth of amps? Good luck!

I used to have a 505II, got rid of it and haven't looked back.

not a faximile, just good enough that I won't have my inspirato become flaccid

• Members

I had a 505 ll a long time ago, and currently have a G2.1u (also a G9.2tt). The G2 absolutely blows away the 505 - not even in the same league. I bought it just for jams, rehearsals, etc. but I've wound up gigging with it many times and it sounds great.

Archived