NAD (pics inside)

kyrreca

• Members

Picked my new Valvetrain up at the Post office today. When I got it home it didn't power up, and I almost freaked out, thinking the amp was broken. Luckily it was just a blown fuse, and the amp works perfectly.

It's based on the 1955 Fender 5F2A Princeton, but I guess there are some differences. I've never played an old Princeton, so I wouldn't know. Although it's a 5 Watt amp, it's so loud I couldn't crank it enough to get much overdrive out of it. Hopefully I'll get the chance tomorrow.

Picking dynamics are extremely noticeable, and turning the guitars volume and tone controls is very effective. Tone and volume are also the only controls on the amp, but you can still get a lot of different tones from tweaking them. I really enjoyed plugging the guitar straight into this amp, especially with single coils, but it takes pedals very well too.

I'm not used to amps without reverb and effects loop, but of course that's not standard fare for amps this size. I'll have to buy a reverb pedal, though. Anyways, I think this amp will be great for jams, small gigs and recording. At least, it's a lot more portable than my 2X12 combo.

valvetrain1ol7.jpg

Even my girlfriend think it's pretty (she doesn't like the Rivera)

valvetrain2jp7.jpg

The control panel is simple but effective

valvetrain3pu8.jpg

A gut shot for people who like gut shots:

valvetraingutsjs3.jpg

• Members

I paid $850 with free shipping to Norway. Not bad, considering a Blackheart costs about $500 around here.

Jakkeh, you are correct, the Rivera is an M100. It's an excellent amp, very versatile. I love it, but it is a bit cumbersome for some applications.

• Members

I paid $850 with free shipping to Norway. Not bad, considering a Blackheart costs about $500 around here.

Jakkeh, you are correct, the Rivera is an M100. It's an excellent amp, very versatile. I love it, but it is a bit cumbersome for some applications.

I gigged with a pal today who has the head. He loves it, he's tried to track down another in the past and has been unsuccessful. Tone machines.

• Members

Thanks, guys! :thu:

I assure you it sounds as good as as it looks.

I gigged with a pal today who has the head. He loves it, he's tried to track down another in the past and has been unsuccessful. Tone machines.

Yeah, you don't see many of them around. I found mine on a Norwegian craigslist-ish site, and it turned out the guy lived like 500m from my place. Since I was planning for a new amp, and it was within my budget, I went over to try it and bought it right away. I paid 7000NOK, which is about $1400 or

Archived