Troubleshooting my BYOC Overdrive..

• Members

I dont post on the effects forum much so sorry if you're wondering "wtf r u doin in mi hause".. :o I thought someone may be able to help me though

So I just put this together (again), reflowed all the joints and totally rewired it. Some of the joints on the pcb look a bit iffy but I'm sure theres a connection on everything as I definitely got the solder to flow onto the pad as well as the component leads. Anyway, the bypass works with no intermittent signal as I'd had before, all the knobs seem to work as they should, but the sound is REALLY quiet. I have to turn my amp up all the way to be able to hear it and its really thin as well. What typically causes this in overdrive pedals? I guess I fried a component somewhere :(

From my very basic knowledge I would assume that a transistor is gone? Afterall they're meant for amplifying signal are they not?

Thanks for any help.

• Members
I dont post on the effects forum much so sorry if you're wondering "wtf r u doin in mi hause"..
:o
I thought someone may be able to help me though

So I just put this together (again), reflowed all the joints and totally rewired it. Some of the joints on the pcb look a bit iffy but I'm sure theres a connection on everything as I definitely got the solder to flow onto the pad as well as the component leads. Anyway, the bypass works with no intermittent signal as I'd had before, all the knobs seem to work as they should, but the sound is REALLY quiet. I have to turn my amp up all the way to be able to hear it and its really thin as well. What typically causes this in overdrive pedals? I guess I fried a component somewhere
:(

From my very basic knowledge I would assume that a transistor is gone? Afterall they're meant for amplifying signal are they not?

Thanks for any help.

Is your IC facing the right way in the socket?

Archived