this FUZZ...

• Members

[YOUTUBE]GCqwDLs8mtI[/YOUTUBE]

what do you guys think it is?

great sounding fuzz...

given the year and equipments and studio technics of that time.... how do I get this sound today?

EDIT this song is was recorded in 1973... the group was done in their "classical formation by the end of 1974!

if anyone is interested, here is a bit of backgrounf to the band "SECOS E MOLHADOS"

WFMU

• Members

Fuzz Rite, Super Fuzz, Shin-Ei, something along those lines would be my guess

hey thanks for input.

I have a ibanez fuzz standard that i believe is supposed to be very similar to superfuzz but doesnt sound like this one on the clip... it doesnt do harmony notes very well....

• Members

Oh man, that's not world music for me (I'm brazilian) and it still sucks, so don't expect too much from most people.

those fuzzes were probably made by themselves and played either through general application amps or fender clones made here in brazil.

• Members

Damn you , I miss my Ibanez Standard Fuzz more that any other pedal I've parted with , and that number is probably in the 200 + range over the years / 25 . Of playing that is .

ahhhh... ibanez fuzz standard and fuzz wau ... great fuzz!!!!

• Members

sounds a little too 'polite' to be a shin-ei type thing but i can't offer you anymore than that i'm afraid!

yes, that is what I think

.... but its definitely no Big Muff.

by the way the guitarist is brazil based irishman, john flavin... he is been in a few prog rock bands down the tropics!!!!

Archived