EHX Holy Grail Noise Problem

denimboy

• Members

I get this feedback sounding noise from the Holy Grail when it's in my chain. Problem appears when its OFF (which should be TB). I have double-checked the power supply and made sure nothing is broken or short inside. I't surface mount soldering with micro-components on PCB so I can't do much.

Any Solutions?

I'll probably just put a TB switcher on it to skip the noise.. But if possible I'd fix it .

• Members

I don't have it. I bought the pedal alone.

Do you all mean the EHX "AC/DC Adaptor" that plugs into an outlet (and the pedal of course)?

If so, I just happened to find one in my desk that was from my Small Clone which I sold (apparently without the adpator, lol!). You can have it, if you want.

• Members

Do you all mean the EHX "AC/DC Adaptor" that plugs into an outlet (and the pedal of course)?

If so, I just happened to find one in my desk that was from my Small Clone which I sold (apparently without the adpator, lol!). You can have it, if you want.

Take him up on this immediately. The Holy Grail sounds awesome and works fine w/ the power supply that ships with it.

• Members

My HG worked fine off of my 1 spot for about a month, then started up with the high pitched whine. Put it on an old DOD power supply and solved the problem. I have the original power supply, but the DOD was handy at the moment.

• Members

the holy grail needs one which can put out 500 mA - one for a small stone probably won't get within 400 of that. BTW i had a hum on my amp tonight, just out of interest i unplugged the grail - you guessed it, it went, noisy bastard pedal - needs to be in a socket on its own - only for recording, live the hum i was getting was nothing to bother you.

• Members

the holy grail needs one which can put out 500 mA - one for a small stone probably won't get within 400 of that. BTW i had a hum on my amp tonight, just out of interest i unplugged the grail - you guessed it, it went, noisy bastard pedal - needs to be in a socket on its own - only for recording, live the hum i was getting was nothing to bother you.

The Grail only wants 235mA. So 400 mA is more than enough but you're right, getting the 500mA HG adaptor is the way to go. More mA=less chance of shorting

• Members

If it's the US9DC-100, it won't work - the Holy Grail needs a more powerful unit. Like mentioned above, the HG uses about 225mA, and the OE adapter (US9DC-500) is 500mA.

/Andreas

Archived