All I want now...

ArrMatey

• Members

I bet that'd sound great. I was also using it with a Marshall 1960 cab with GT-75s in, I would imagine. Not my favourite speakers/cabs...I prefer 2x12s. I think with a Les Paul and some warmer speakers it'd sound fantastic. It does a really nice clean with a tele though, takes a fuzz great too.

• Members

I bet that'd sound great. I was also using it with a Marshall 1960 cab with GT-75s in, I would imagine. Not my favourite speakers/cabs...I prefer 2x12s. I think with a Les Paul and some warmer speakers it'd sound fantastic. It does a really nice clean with a tele though, takes a fuzz great too.

It would take fuzzes well I bet. It'd be the perfect amp along with my ampeg vt-22...

• Members

You can get a JMP non-master volume right? Or is that a Plexi?

I had one before but It's just too hard to deal with having to have an attenuator. Besides, I dunno why but I love the look of those master volume versions...something about them.

To be honest, I haven't played one in a while but I remember them being jokes.

• Members

Thanks for the info man, that's really informative. Sounds like you got a great deal. I'd love to score a Mark I - there's something special about ptp amps...

Is there a big difference soundwise between the pcb and ptp models?

• Members

the schematic is exactly the same, i've never done an a/b comparison, but there can't be much in it. there's some talk of the transformers changing around 78 or 79, but no-one seems certain... ptp has it's advantages, but i don't believe sound quality is automatically one of them... and yes, a pretty sweet deal. this was maybe 4 years ago, i think the good deals on old marshalls are slightly harder to come by now...

if you guys ever wanted to give it a go i'm sure we could work something out.

here she is, the only pic i have. the bass cab is the straight fronted...

DCFC0004.jpg

Archived