Wiring and setup for the Boss Gt-10 help!! (Kewlpack)

sean106ESP

• Members

Hey guys, so I got the Gt-10 and am using it with a Diezel Herbert and midi controlling it to switch channels and patches. A friend on the ESP board mentioned some one named kewlpack that might be able to help me.

I was wondering if you can help me with what is the best way to run it into the Diezel's to get the least coloring of the tone. I tried so many configurations and not sure which one I like or is even right. I have it midi connected so it is switching channels on the Herbert fine and saving them.

so which loops should I use to get optimal results and what goes to what, if you can help with in terms of hooking it up. The herbert has 3 loops, serial parallel, and switchable. I tried all of them, and was not getting results. Either it was extremely tiny in volume or no volume at all. I even tried the 4 cable method that Boss CS told me about. I obviously dont want it in front of the amp as then delay and reverb etc should not be in front of the OD. I am using this ONLY for FX.....NOT distortion models. I will turn off all FX and get close to a true bypass (as all Boss pedals do not have true bypass) I was running it a few different ways connectivity wise and got it so it barley made a change in the true diezel distortion. I am so anal I made two sound clips for myself to hear any difference and it was negligible. Anyhoo, any Gt-8 or Gt-10 users, if you can share with me the best way to wire this thing, and settings I need to do on the herbert or the Gt-10 I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys!! once she is up and running perfectly, I'll make a vid. The autoriff and looper are hysterical!! Love em!

So simply put, what would be the best wiring configuration, and what would I need to do in the GT-10 I/O or global settings to run it serial. there are so many input/ouputs send/returns on the GT-10 and the manual does not talk much about connecting it to a preamp of a head. It glosses over it and talks more as if you are using it for a PC or direct recording. I want to be able to get my FX, no amp sims, no distortion models as I want to preserve as much of my Diezel distortion tone.

Thanks so much any one in advance and sorry for such a long post. :)

Archived