GR20 on an acoustic demo

jondale

• Members

Just another quicky while I was programming; here's my acoustic solo setup - GR20 with a magicstomp acoustic!

As far as I know there are not many people who use synths on acoustics, could be wrong though.

It certainly brings some spice to those unplugged sessions to say the least.

I depend on that hold function a lot as you can see and hear. Recorded directly into the PC with no editing or twiddleing....and a few bum notes just to prove I wasn't miming.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

John,
enjoyed the performance. I am to receive the GR20 next week. I bought it [used] and have 3 days in which to "check it for flaws" [then I can release the funds to the seller] . Any suggestions on the checking process would be appreciative.
Keith

• Members

Hi,
Check all the jacks at the back, even the ones you might not use like the direct out and mix in ones, they are PCB mounted and get a bit funny sometimes. Same goes for the pickup in.
The pedal needs recalibrating now and then.
The biggest problem is usually grime in the footswitches and under the knobs, this is extremely unpleasant!!!! You can't clean the footswitches without invalidating the waranty.
I'd say make sure it's set up to 'factory default' before you demo it, different guitars react differently and everyone has them set up differently.

Good luck, give me a shout if you need any other help or tips!
John.

• Members

Your welcome, for getting the price down look out for velcro on the bottom, and mainly any hint of grime in the controls/switches. This is much more unpleasant on the GR20 than any other effect/synth because the grinding makes you cringe!!!
Try tapping the rotary bank select too, if it jumps up and down there is a bad contact on the PCB (the pots are liably placed on the PCB.
Good luck once again!

Archived