How do I select a sound for a MIDI-channel in the Yamaha CP300 stage piano?

2FLY

• Members

Hi guys,

I'm helping my girl out with the setup for her own homestudio.

We're working with a PC running Logic Audio Platinum 5.5.1, a Alesis iO2 interface (Midi in/out, 2 jack ins, 2 XLR ins, 2 jack outs, USB powered) and the Yamaha CP300 stage piano.

My question:

my girl wants to use the sounds of the CP300 to compose songs in Logic.

Of course we want to use MIDI to do this, but here's where the 'problems' start.

Issues:

1) This is the MAIN issue: I do not know how to select a sound for each MIDI-channel. For instance if I select Grand Piano (Preset 1) and play it on MIDI channel 1 in Logic - it works. If I then go to MIDI-channel 2, I have to change the sound.. but that also changes the sound of MIDI-channel 1.

I've tried using the program selection in Logic and this does work - the sounds correspond - but.. eventhough I can select the sounds from there I can only have 1 sound at a time on the actual keyboard. I can not have Piano on 1 and have that on the keyboard when I've selected channel 1 in Logic and after selecting channel 2 in Logic have say.. bass.

2) The iO2 shows constant MIDI in activity, when I record something in Logic it records a lot of tones I don't play. I'm thinking 'Omni On' but I can't find that anywhere.

3) Please check the envirenmont I've created, I think this must be about right.. but it's not really working especially due to the constant MIDI IN signal. Also after recording something (what I played + the extra noise recorded by the Omni on) and I press play.. the CP300 get's stuck and plays one note over and over again. This until it stops doing that after 10 seconds.

2FLYLogicEnvironment.jpg

Looking forward to any feedback I can get. Thanks guys!!

Archived