OT: LAPTOP STAND?

sdresdre

• Members
there are some creative mofos in here. what would you use to hold up your laptop(securely) live/rehearsal etc?

anything out there that does this?

for both live and rehearsal use, i use a cheap card table.

i also have tons of gameboys, synths, midi{censored} and noise makers on the tabe but...

i do also use this:

417151.jpg

i put the mixer on the top rack, then i lay a piece of nice looking wood across the bottom part, and through my laptop, gamebosy, and a small midi controller on there.

• Members

there is a stand, i cant seem to find it.

it was made for laptops and it held them in place, at the bottome it looked like the bottom of an office chair with rolly wheels, anyone know what im saying?

i know they made one for mixers. is that what you're talking about?

• Members

If you band mates get as rowdy as you say, you might want to use a good ole fashion table, and attach it like a pedal with some velcro to prevent it from sliding/falling off. Most lap top stands I've seen look pretty flimsy and easily knocked over for your needs.

• Members

yeh i can picture it. dont know what it is tho :confused:

zipties are good. but i need something can can be removed often.

yeh i was thinking velcro too. seems like that could cause problems. laptops are not as sturdy as a boss pedal

• Members

try modifying a music stand... I use it for practice when I need to play back a song we're covering... maybe lock in the swiveling and angling joints. Then use a type of foam, cut out the size of the base of the laptop, glue/attach in some manner, there you go... maybe a little more than $10...but that's the best way I can think of...

• Members
try modifying a music stand... I use it for practice when I need to play back a song we're covering... maybe lock in the swiveling and angling joints. Then use a type of foam, cut out the size of the base of the laptop, glue/attach in some manner, there you go... maybe a little more than $10...but that's the best way I can think of...

thats pretty {censored}ing brilliant. not being sarcastic either. i have a old music stand at the space. think ill give that a go :thu:

Archived