GOGOL BORDELLO

cdawzrd

• Members

Just got back from the show in Richmond... got thrown around up front for half of it then went back and enjoyed the rest from the FOH... what a great show, and the opening act (Dusty Rhodes and the River Band) kicked ass too. The frontman apparently thought he was playing a show in Charlottesville from the crowd banter, which was slightly amusing.

Any fans here?

To keep things semi-relevant, I noticed the bassist had a pedalboard in the back, but I couldn't see exactly what was on it from where I was (at least a Moog pedal)--5 string American Jazz into (2) Ampeg SVT fullstacks. Guitarist played some kind of jag and a thinline HH tele into two twin reverbs. Oh and they compressed the drums with 4 empirical labs distressors :-)

Then I went back to my friend's place to unwind, and found out that he had a random vintage "relic'd" (fo real) Jazzmaster! Sanded headstock, but a Fender bridge. Wish I had my camera with me, it was hot.

Overall, a good night :-)

• Members

Dusty Rhodes and the River Band is friggin awesome. theyre locals round these parts. gogol bordello is entertaining. im not sure if i like the music though. meh.

have you heard them live or just on cd?

• Members

I can't stand gogol bordello. There are a lot of bands I don't like but I can understand what other people might see in them but I don't get it with them...it's maybe everything I hate in music all put together.

Archived