535q wah - DOA or am I a dumbass?

• Members

Okay, this is the first Wah pedal I have ever bought. I got the Dunlop 535q. Now I plug in my guitar, hook it too my amp, and toss in a battery and it does absolutely nothing no matter the position... So am I missing something or is this thing trash?:mad:

• Members

step on the toe end and click the pedal on?

Ohh, I see. I just messed with it. You really have to stand on this thing for it to click in. I figured it was bottomed out, but when I picked it up and looked at it, the switch wasn't bottoming out, so I pushed it down with my finger and it clicked... I am a dumbass.

Thanks a lot :thu:

• Members

Ohh, I see. I just messed with it. You really have to stand on this thing for it to click in. I figured it was bottomed out, but when I picked it up and looked at it, the switch wasn't bottoming out, so I pushed it down with my finger and it clicked... I am a dumbass.

Thanks a lot
:thu:

Yeah you really gotta stomp on them things. Theres a video of eric clapton with cream where he describes his wah pedal, and it shows him having to practically jump onto it to get it to kick in.

• Members

Yeah you really gotta stomp on them things. Theres a video of eric clapton with cream where he describes his wah pedal, and it shows him having to practically jump onto it to get it to kick in.

I guess it makes sense now that I am playing with it, that way you don't accidently click it off mid solo.

• Members

I actually took one of those little rubber feet and stuck it on top of the switch on my 535Q...makes it much easier to engage, but almost too easy to disengage.

A lot of people do kind of the same thing, but instead of taking off the bottom feet, they take of the pads on the underside of the moving part of the pedal or they shave them down a bit.

Archived