EHX 2880.... is it worth the money???

• Members

I'd use it to start an awesome 2-piece band with me and a drummer, splitting the headphone output into two, one for each. Run two amps so there can be panning. Pedalboard would come before, of course.

I want one very badly.

• Members

Yes it is worth the money. It is one of the best loopers ever.

I use mine for looping.

I was just about to say the exact same thing.

Whether or not it's worth it to you, only you can answer that. Depends on whether or not you want a looper or the mother of all loopers.

• Members

personally id rather have an echoplex, but you get what you pay for.

its a great looper, the cf card reader craped out on mine and EHX will fix it for $15!

honestly, if i didnt need the midi, i would have looked elsewhere, but if you need a looper that can record 2 instruments, or a instrument in stereo, 2880 is the way to go.

• Members

I'd use it to start an awesome 2-piece band with me and a drummer, splitting the headphone output into two, one for each. Run two amps so there can be panning. Pedalboard would come before, of course.

I want one very badly.

Have you been spying on me?

• Members

I was just about to say the exact same thing.

Whether or not it's worth it to you, only you can answer that. Depends on whether or not you want a looper or the mother of all loopers.

Mommy=Akai Headrush

Daddy=EHX 2880

Together the are an unstoppable force of awesome

• Members

so its better than the boss stuff , headrush, and the jamman for on the fly stuff.
Also would the 16 second delay be almost just as good?? which im guessing they no longer make because i cant find it on thier website

i wish there were some really good demos of them both. the EHX ones that is......

One thing that id like to have but isnt really that important is an auto start function... It seems that the 2880 could do this in quantize mode if im reading right......but instead of auto start it would be just a one measure click before recording.

• Members

if you dont need the midi, id look else where.

What else out there is as powerful as well as intuitive? Nothing in pedal form that is. The Echoplex is awesome but its mono, which is {censored}ing retarded for a 1000 looper, and the footswitch is built like crap. plus it has a much larger learning curve...Also its discontinued. Are you bummed because yours (2880) requires repair? Mine has taken repeated beatings and has never failed me. You gotta admit the 2880 sounds wonderful.

• Members

Are you bummed because yours requires repair? Mine has taken repeated beatings and has never failed me. You gotta admit the looper sounds wonderful.

not too bummed, i realy wish i had it because my whole rig revoles around midi and the midi clock that the 2880 puts out.

Archived