Looking to buy a Cabinet..help me out here.

frankiej

• Members

So ive been looking around at some cabs just for kicks a giggles to see whats out there, try something new. Looking at some 1x12s or 2x12s.

I know there is Avatar, Earcandy, Mesa(expensive though) and etc.

Looking at around 200 or so used. I also have some questions.

My Vox AC15 has two speaker inputs, so tyo my understanding if i got a 1x12 i could have both that and my AC15s speaker pushing out my sound?

And a question considering the ohms. If i put my AC15s speaker output at 16 ohms it can handle 16, 8, and 4 if im not mistakened? (mainly applying this to the 2x12 if they are 8 ohms and wired in parrellel.)

Educate me a bit, im stupid when it comes to the technical side of this stuff:thu::facepalm::wave:

• Members

You can get an Avatar 212 wired to be 16 ohms. You would need to so you can use the 8 ohm setting on the amp and its best to match them up if possible.

ya i know you should match them if possible but looking used its a bit hard.

I dont know ideas are getting thrown around. I might actually sell my Ac15 and go with something like the Epi head and mod it to hell. But i dont know.

• Members

well if you find a used cab you like and the speakers are 16 ohms no problem. Generally if someone is running a 212 they'll have it wired to 8 ohms because some amps can't go that low...my V4 is only 8, 4, and 2. If they are wired that way its a simple process of rewiring the speakers to be 16 ohms.

• Members

well if you find a used cab you like and the speakers are 16 ohms no problem. Generally if someone is running a 212 they'll have it wired to 8 ohms because some amps can't go that low...my V4 is only 8, 4, and 2. If they are wired that way its a simple process of rewiring the speakers to be 16 ohms.

ya couldnt you wire it in series so it retains the 16 ohm?

or am i misunderstanding series wiring?

Archived