Which way should I go?

-MBro-

• Members

I need a batery operated set up that is fast to set up.

I was looking at the :wave:GFX-5 by zoom and the :wave:Boss ME-50.

By the looks of them it seems they will not sound all too great. So I am looking into the option of using a :wave:Carl Martin Octa-Switch and some Behringer pedals to cut on the cost of the setup.

Behringer VD400 Vintage Analog Delay

Behringer INTELLIGATE IG9 Intelligent Noise Gate

Behringer UT100 Ultra Tremolo

Behringer ULTRA SHIFTER/HARMONIST

Behringer REVERB MACHINE RV600 Reverb Modeling

Behringer ECHO MACHINE EM600 Echo Modeling

I already have a Allums modded MT-2, Ibanez Wah and a Volume Pedal that can be used in either of the choices.

• Members

So...you're looking to either buy a cheap multi-FX, or a bunch of garbage pedals?

That's like deciding which way you want to fall down a flight of stairs.

Buy a few nice pedals, and be done with it. Pick a few effects you know you'll use, and leave it at that. Get NICE pedals so that your sound quality will actually be good, rather than the spew that will come out of an all behringer board, or some cheap-o multi-FX's.

Post your budget and what kind of effects you really think you'll use and we can make recommendations.

EDIT; Just looked over the Behringers you're looking at buying. Basically, reverb, delay, and tremolo. I recommend that you pick up an EHX Holy Grail Reverb, EHX Pulsar tremolo, and an Ibanez DE7 delay. That will be about the same price, and those will sound much better. :thu:

• Members

So...you have $1000 Canadian to spend on pedals, and you're looking at Behringer and multi's?

If that's truly your budget, and you don't mind spending it all to get a nice board, look into EHX stuff, a Boss shifter, and find a nice boutique drive that you like the sound of.

Off the top of my head, I recommend;

Holy Grail Reverb

SMMH

DMM

The others I'm not too sure on. Those three would give you a solid setup for reverb and delay.

• Members

This budget will include

Pedaltrain $200 - $400
2nd overdrive ?
Noise reduction for the MT2 ?
Trem ?
Chorus/Detune ?
Tap Delay DD-6 $120
Reverb RV-5 $120
Octa-Switch or ? because I hate tap Dancing $300 - $400

• Members

I should stay with pedals? What are you trying to say?

Darling you gotta let me know

Should I stay or should I go?

If you say that you are mine

Ill be here till the end of time

So you got to let know

Should I stay or should I go?

• Members

Build a board. 50
Boss OD3 80
ISP decimator 120
Dano Tuna Melt 40
Small Clone 80
DD6 would work for tap, a lot of people hate the internal tap though 120
line 6 verbzilla 110

thats $600. You could even get the octoswitch things. I personally think thats way overkill for this small of a setup though. I think your money would be better spent upgrading everything i just said above.

Boss DD7. External tap, way easier to use that the DD6 tap. 170 i think. Fulltone OCD, though the OD3 is supposed to be awesome, thats like 150.

• Members

Ive had the tuna melt and I hated the volume drop.

Has anyone heard about the cool cat trem?

Thats weird, i don't get a volume drop at all. The cool cat from what i heard is the same as the tuna melt but the depth knob doesn't go as deep as the tuna melt.

• Members

Picked up a 1988 Boss CE-2B :love:Bass Chorus Pedal :thu: and am bidding on a RV-3. Ill put a Allums mod on the chorus pedal and am looking out for a blues driver to mod also.

Still undecided about what trem to get. There is a Marshall Vibratrem an EBay for cheap:confused:. Ive heard mixed reviews about marshal pedals though the clips ive heard sounded great.

Archived