OT: Insurance?

Bigsnake

• Members

I actually just finished documenting all of my gear that I'm taking off to college in about 2 weeks. Took photos and had everything appraised and signed and faxed and all that jazz. It's covered under your homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance, but they like to see everything documented. Big insurance corporations won't want to believe you had $10,000 of music equipment (guitars, pedals, amps, etc) stolen. They're only going to want to give you enough to run down the street to GC and pick up a cheap acoustic or something. So definately get your stuff documented and things will go a lot smoother if something does happen.

• Members

I actually just finished documenting all of my gear that I'm taking off to college in about 2 weeks. Took photos and had everything appraised and signed and faxed and all that jazz. It's covered under your homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance, but they like to see everything documented. Big insurance corporations won't want to believe you had $10,000 of music equipment (guitars, pedals, amps, etc) stolen. They're only going to want to give you enough to run down the street to GC and pick up a cheap acoustic or something. So definately get your stuff documented and things will go a lot smoother if something does happen.

Think I have enough pictures of my gear. lol

But, I think my renters insurance is only $10k or $15k in coverage and that probably wouldn't cover my music equipment, much less anything else.

Plus, I was wanting more general protection so if it's stolen out of the back of my truck, from a friend's practice room, from my place, or someone walks off with something at a gig, you're covered.

• Members

I have $9k of coverage for all of my gear. It only covers theft and whatnot from my home and other private places that I own or have a lease contract with. My policy will not cover any damage/loss while I am gigging or while my gear is in transport or otherwise stored in a vehicle. I pay about $130 per year for my current coverage... however, if I change my policy to cover my stuff for gigs and all that, my premium will probably triple.

• Members

I have an insurance for all the stuff i am using on tour! it is worth 5000 Euro and I am paying 120 Euro a year for a full coverup when something gets lost or even when I forget to take it with me when I am drunk for example (no joke)
I am no thinking to get an insurance for the rest of my stuff but this will be bloody expensive and I cant update the insurance everytime I buy and sell equipment

• Members
I have an insurance for all the stuff i am using on tour! it is worth 5000 Euro and I am paying 120 Euro a year for a full coverup when something gets lost or even when I forget to take it with me when I am drunk for example (no joke)

I am no thinking to get an insurance for the rest of my stuff but this will be bloody expensive and I cant update the insurance everytime I buy and sell equipment

Archived