Shopping List for Sept/Oct

ElectricPuppy

• Members

I want more outboard!

API preamps

Empirical Labs Fatso

a couple of dbx 160x compressors

an Eventide

Me Too! What preamp are you using now? I'm using a Studio Electronics Pre2 (Neve style). It's a pretty nice pre, although I wish I could compare it to the other high enders. I use to have some Germanium pres and the Tone Control, but started playing the gear-go-round and they were gone :D

• Members

Me Too! What preamp are you using now? I'm using a Studio Electronics Pre2 (Neve style). It's a pretty nice pre, although I wish I could compare it to the other high enders. I use to have some Germanium pres and the Tone Control, but started playing the gear-go-round and they were gone
:D

At the moment I'm using my desk's pre's (Toft ATB) - they're good, but not as detailed or punchy as the API's which I recently tried. I'm thinkin' about picking up a lunchbox to fulfil my pre needs, there are plenty good ones around in the 500 format.

Recently picked up an API2500 bus compressor for my 2buss, and wow what a difference. Suddenly everything sounds bigger, tighter, wider. Its got a lot of different characters that you can dial into it. Pretty much halves the time to mix things nicely. It'll never leave!

Otherwise I got a RNC and RNLA, but want some more decent comps, esp for the drumbus. Effects wise I'm pretty sorted, but I think the eventide will really round it out.

For the stuff I'm doing, the API sound is fantastic, I can't fault it!

Archived