NPD (mix up content)

kyrreca

• Members

So, I bought a Marshall Shredmaster from a guy at a Norwegian guitar forum the other day. I have never had any real GAS for the Shredmaster, but he was selling it pretty cheap, so I thought I'd hit it and see what the hype is about.

I went to the post office to pick it up today, and the first thing I noticed is that the package was pretty small. I've never seen a Shredmaster in real life, but I couldn't really understand how it could fit into that box. When I got home and opened it, here's what I found inside:

firefly3xd3.jpg

It's a NOC3 Firefly OD. The guy had this pedal in his spam thread as well, and it's now listed as sold, so my guess is whoever bought it is soon to recieve my Shredmaster. I've given the Firefly a short test run, and I must say I'm impressed. It has a decent amount of gain on tap, and unlike a lot of OD's (imo), it sounds good with the gain all the way up. The scoop/flat/hump switch for the mids is a neat feature too. I wasn't really in the market for a new overdrive, but to be honest, I'd like to keep this pedal.

I've sent a PM to the guy I bought it from saying that I'm happy to take this pedal over the Shredmaster, but of course it depends on the guy who actually bought it.

Pretty funny situation, I haven't experienced anything like this before.

• Members

Just got a PM from the seller, and it seems like the other guy wants his pedal, so I'll be nice and give it to him. I'll definitely consider getting a Firefly if I need a new OD in the future though. It sounds pretty smooth, and I really like the character. I don't think it's a tube screamer derivative, doesn't sound like it to me. BTW, the switch isn't scoop/flat/hump like I said in the first post, it switches between flat and two degrees of hump.

• Members

i hear a lot of good things about NOC3 pedals. i've always wanted to try one of his puredrives.

this scenario freaks me out when i'm shipping multiple items at the post office. i always make sure i have some sort of list of what goes where and i write the name of the pedal on the box.

for example i just sold a shure sm57, i'd write on the box "mic".

pretty sweet you got to try out this pedal and you ended up liking it, haha.

Archived