Micro Desktop Synths -- what's out there?

Superace25

• Members
Have you played with the Micromodular? I tried out a software-only demo of the clavia modular software a while ago, but I had a hard time getting usable patches out of it. Are there some quirks I should know about, or do I just need to learn some programing?
;)

I actually own one, but haven't played with it much since I got my Nord Modular G2X.

+1 on carbon111's post.

• Members

Does the
have the same synthesis guts as the
expansion card?

edit: Actually, the DX-200 looks even more interesting. What was the original price? About $200?

The AN200 has a PLG150-AN card inside it. The DX200 has a PLG150-DX card inside it.

The original price of the boxes was in the $500 ballpark (the cards alone sell for about $250 new).

• Members

The AN200 has a PLG150-AN card inside it. The DX200 has a PLG150-DX card inside it.

The original price of the boxes was in the $500 ballpark (the cards alone sell for about $250 new).

Ok, that makes sense. I was looking at the PLG150-AN to expand my S80, but was turned off by reviews that said it's very difficult to edit. Hopefully the desktop format + software editor format would fix that.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
a couple of weeks ago I stumbled on this British engineer who was making these cool round-shaped analog synth pedal gizmos- they are about 6 inch wide disc shaped cases with a ring of knobs- he was making a new modular version with a ring of altrernatig knobs and CV jacks- but I stupidly forgot to save the bookmark and cannot find the site again! (>__

finally stumbled into this again! it's the Technomage Life2 [how could I forget 'technomage'?] it makes the Black Coffee modular seem huge in comparison

L2000.jpg

there is a new synth called the chimera that is very similar

bC16.jpg

Archived