strange problem with my old fuzz face

D-River

• Members

I have an old fuzz face, the original dallas-arbiter one, NOT the dunlop reissue, I don't know if it's the germanium one or the silicium one...I had some trouble in the past with the battery cable which broke several times and sometimes the pedal didn't work well 'cause of my bad solderings...now if I plug the guitar directly in the pedal's input it has a really muffled sound with low volume unless I crank the knobs, but if I put another pedal, even bypassed, it has regular volume...and if i put my ibanez delay, which is buffered, before it, it sounds normal, but if I put my T-rex od, which doesn't have buffer, before the fuzz it seems heavier in volume and with some sort of crazy glitchy sounds when playing chords or low notes (but maybe this is normal for this kind of pedal)...why does this happen? thanks a lot

• Members

Weird. Well i thought the ff circuit was supposed to react differently if you put a buffer in front, never tested it myself.

As for the first thing, maybe your guitar cable is not connecting with the fuzzface's jack properly but the patch cable is? I don't know really, just try everything you can think of before you go shipping it off anywhere :confused:

Archived