fuzz factory placement?

• Members

where are you guys putting your ff's in your chain? putting it first in my chain gives me a lot of flexibility with different sounds, but it also seems a lot harder to control the craziness as well. Putting it second makes it easier to control but the fuzz isn't as varied it seems.

Any ideas?

• Members

I do it first in the chain, it's where it sounds the best to me. It doesn't really matter where you run it so long as you don't have any buffered pedals in front of it. I've run a Ringtone and a tuner before it and it responds just the same as if it were first, just make sure all the pedals in front of it are true bypass. Buffers make it sound harsh to my ears and the gate and comp knobs don't curb the noise nearly as well.

• Members

I do it first in the chain, it's where it sounds the best to me. It doesn't really matter where you run it so long as you don't have any buffered pedals in front of it. I've run a Ringtone and a tuner before it and it responds just the same as if it were first, just make sure all the pedals in front of it are true bypass. Buffers make it sound harsh to my ears and the gate and comp knobs don't curb the noise nearly as well.

• Members

• Members

• Members

• Members

• Members

• Members

where are you guys putting your ff's in your chain? putting it first in my chain gives me a lot of flexibility with different sounds, but it also seems a lot harder to control the craziness as well. Putting it second makes it easier to control but the fuzz isn't as varied it seems.

Any ideas?

So long as the ffact is before buffered pedals it doesn't matter where you put it you just cant have it after buffered pedals. It doesn't need to be first but if its after a buffered pedal it ruins the sound of it. Buffers mess with a lot of fuzz pedals BTW.

Archived