EHX SMMH: Volume drop when overdubbing..

bt2513

I've had this thing a while but have never figured out the answer to this.

When I overdub over a loop I've just recorded, the volume of the original loop drops very significantly. What gives?

Seems to be the nature of the beast. It isn't an RC-2.

• Members

I've had this thing a while but have never figured out the answer to this.

When I overdub over a loop I've just recorded, the volume of the original loop drops very significantly. What gives?

EDIT: I'm an idiot, nevermind.

We all have our moments. ;)

At least you didn't decide to flip it upon coming across a problem like a lot of people here would.

hahahah Well, I'm glad Julian decided to post here, because I was resigned to dealing with that volume drop.

And once again, Explorers {censored}ing rules.

• Members

We all have our moments.
;)

At least you didn't decide to flip it upon coming across a problem like a lot of people here would.

i'm was waiting for the suggestions of buing a SHO to fix it.

or a PP2, which seems to fix everything in the world.

• Members

SMMH drops volume a little when engaged.

Also, if you tweak the Blend button on some delay mode it affects also the loop level.

This is partially true. The blend knob seems to have different unity positions depending on what mode you're in. In most modes it is about 12. In loop mode, it is closer to 10.

It's annoying, so I send my non delayed signal to one channel of my amp, and my delayed signal followed by a volume pedal to a louder set channel of my amp, and voila :). Plus it gives me some cool abilities that I wouldn't otherwise have. Like I put a vibrato after my SMMH and before my volume, and now I can have modulation in every mode.

Archived