Propellerhead ReBirth -- access / alternatives?

Superace25

• Members

I'm looking for a drum / bass softsynth with a built-in sequencer. I currently use Ableton Live's impulse and handdrawn MIDI loops for rhythm parts, but I'd much prefer something along the lines of Reason's ReDrum.

I don't have the $$$ for Reason, so I was looking at Propellerhead's discontinued ReBirth software. It's offered for free now, but only as a Torrent. I know how to use the torrent network, but I am unable to currently. SO:

Is there any other way I can get the ReBirth install files?

Am I overlooking some other program that could meet my needs?

• Members
I'm looking for a drum / bass softsynth with a built-in sequencer. I currently use Ableton Live's impulse and handdrawn MIDI loops for rhythm parts, but I'd much prefer something along the lines of Reason's ReDrum.

I don't have the $$$ for Reason, so I was looking at Propellerhead's discontinued ReBirth software. It's offered for free now, but only as a Torrent. I know how to use the torrent network, but I am unable to currently. SO:

Personally, I don't like rebirth that much. There is a huge learning curve, and the general interface is much more complex than say something like audiorealism drum machine and their bassline 2. Both are incredible products, and the simplistic designs will be a much appreciated aspect when compared to rebirth. Alternatively, there are tons of other drum machine programs out there like Nepheton or Drumazon, and the company that made them (the name has slipped my mind) has a great bass line machine, too.

• Members

Personally, I don't like rebirth that much. There is a huge learning curve, and the general interface is complex

Umm, just like the Roland originals :rolleyes: which I believe was the whole point of Rebirth.

Many people seem to think that x0x programming is intuitive. I'd say the folks that say that are the folks who have learned how to do it! The 303 in particular has one of the most screwed up sequencer interfaces I have ever seen. At least the drum machines were more straightforward.

Archived