Gain/EQ pedal good for voice ?

denimboy

• Members

does it have to be "stompable"? (ie are you needing to bypass it)

otherwise you can look at just straight self-contained mic preamps/channel strips like Presonus, ART makes a few, etc

Q : are you needing phantom power?

Yes I want it stompable.

I use SM-58 which I don't think needs phantom power. I will try the RAT! I got one and I'm pretty sure it's the sound I'm looking for. Some sort of megaphone/gainy voice sound.

Yes I want it stompable.

I use SM-58 which I don't think needs phantom power. I will try the RAT! I got one and I'm pretty sure it's the sound I'm looking for. Some sort of megaphone/gainy voice sound.

Oh man, yeah - mine's a Keeley-modded one, but it added a great edge of clarity with the dirt turned down as well. It was sweet.

• Members

Yes I want it stompable.

OK, so when you mention "gain" you are looking for clipping/distortion as opposed to actual signal gain...just amplification? (just grabbing that from the "grainy" description)

One popular alternative is to use a second mic such as a shure 520 "green bullet"

• Members

OK, so when you mention "gain" you are looking for clipping/distortion as opposed to actual signal gain...just amplification? (just grabbing that from the "grainy" description)

One popular alternative is to use a second mic such as a shure 520 "green bullet"

That's great. Will look for it too. Thank you.

Archived