Looking for some input on a Harmonizer

• Members

My singer has decided that "we" need a vocal harmonzier so she can do her thing. Those of you in a band with out a female singer might not know how this works but it's like having a 2nd wife so you just smile and say ok (believe me it's easier that way)

Anyway I don't know diddly about vocal harmonizers but I know that I don't want to go crazy and buy something that I'll need an MIT degree to use. I'd like to go with a rack unit with a foot switch but other than that I'm open for ideas.

If anyone has any info or ideas that might help it would be totally awesome.

Later

Guitar Mike

• Members

Personally if we exclude the top dollar stuff I'd go for the Digitech Vocalist Live 4. Great sounding harmonies, lots of effects which can be used simultaneously to the harmony, it can automatically sense the key by a guitar or keyboard input, and importantly you can also set the key manually so you don't have to plug an instrument into it if you don't want to.

Great value I think.

Or you could always learn to sing! :)

• Members

there's no instruments in the band?

Well maybe not all the time if she wants to practise to get used to the device and how it reacts while the band aren't about. And even having an instrument in the band doesn't mean that the guitarist will always be playing rhythm, or that the vocal key will always be following what is interpreted by a chord progression. The technology is great but it has the potential not to do exactly what you want - and so being able to set the key manually is a strange omission.

Archived