What should be my next distortion pedal

turnitto11

• Members

The COT50 isn't a distortion pedal. Are you looking for a pedal to stack with other pedals? Are you running it in front of a clean or dirty amp?

If you're running your amp clean....stay away from the COT50

• Members

The COT50 isn't a distortion pedal. Are you looking for a pedal to stack with other pedals? Are you running it in front of a clean or dirty amp?

If you're running your amp clean....stay away from the COT50

I'm likely to have a clean channel, a lightly overdriven channel, then use any of the above pedals to push the OD channel up to 11.

• Members

I'm likely to have a clean channel, a lightly overdriven channel, then use any of the above pedals to push the OD channel up to 11.

If you're using a lightly overdriven channel, I'd still stay away from the COT50. It's a treble booster that will most definetly get you into Plexi territory, but in my experience you amp has really gotta be cookin' to get it to the sweet spot. Otherwise...it's extremly harsh and ice-picky. Great pedal....but it's gotta be used properly. I'm sure others here might have a different experience with it. I also didn't like the BoR as the low-end was very flabby. I'd go with an OCD v3 or an MI Audio Blues Pro. YMMV.

• Members

I liked the COT50 Burst demos from PGS. Sounded great.

If you already like the sound of your lightly overdriven channel but just want more gain out of it, I would look at a boost pedal instead. Another distortion pedal is going to colour your sound in a different way that might not stack well with what you're running. Maybe an RC Booster or Diamond Boost EQ would work well.

• Members

I liked the COT50 Burst demos from PGS. Sounded great.

If you already like the sound of your lightly overdriven channel but just want more gain out of it, I would look at a boost pedal instead. Another distortion pedal is going to colour your sound in a different way that might not stack well with what you're running. Maybe an RC Booster or Diamond Boost EQ would work well.

I already have a booster. I use it to boost volume and gain a little. I'm looking for an OD that boosts more gain and a bit of volume.

Archived