Looking for a decent pedal, to alter tone slightly and boost a Sansamp GT2

gibsualdo

• Members

At the moment, I use my GT2 as my general dirt pedal on the British (Marshall) setting, but when I put my Ibanez TS9DX infront of it to add a bit of boost and a bit of a tone change, I just either get lost in the mix or it's way too fizzy no matter what settings I have the TS9DX on. I think the sound just gets too compressed with the two runnng together, and if I turn down the drive on the TS9DX, the volume is too quiet when it's engaged (even with the level maxed).

Anyone here try a similar approach with the GT2, but with a boost pedal that works well with it? I'm just looking for ideas here.

• Members

I use a TRI-AC (set on the factory presets, plus/minus some small adjustments in gain and tone, according to my personal preference) with a Keeley TS-9 in front, set as an always on clean boost (drive at zero, level at 1 o'clock). I find the boosting extremely useful and my tone cuts a lot better with it, on either the Brit or Cali setting on the TRI-AC...To be honest, I don't quite understand what you say...

Archived