BoomChick / LinnDrum 2

vwizz

• Members

4. The Analog model enables significantly richer voice timbres with its four Curtis chip-based analog voices, analog feedback resonator paths, and dedicated voicing knobs.

I don't remember seeing anything Analog on any of the synths that you listed....

I don't know the pricepoint of the analogue version yet, but i wonder how many people will be interested in ->4

I feel this will be priced like the MD UW, which has 16 Voices (although digital) of digital mayhem, plus the possibility to load samples as well, and a wonderful LFO section.

Anyway, i hope Dave and Roger will have much success with these boxes, it's just not my cup of tea, and i just wished they were...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyway, i hope Dave and Roger will have much success with these boxes, it's just not my cup of tea, and i just wished they were...

I understand. I wished the best for Elektron when the MD came out but it was the same for me as this is for you. Not my cup of tea... I'm just glad the Linndrum 2 is :)

Cheers,

Dave

• Members

Im still trying to figure out what this thing is.

From the original announcement early this year i had though it was basically an analog drum machine with quality sampling added - ie best of all worlds.

Now Im not sure what it is - it seems to be a 4 voice analog synth + multi-sample sample based drum machine - is that analog synth aimed at drums or more generic sounds?

OK, so with an analog synth you usually can make a pretty decent 909/808 style kick, but TBH I would rather it had at least one of its analog voices optimised for that kind of job else I dont see the point.

I hope that one the sample side it is in fact very much optimised for rhythm use.

I really liked what I read and heard about it the first time around and much preferred the original layout and the target price. Now im not seeing alot that makes this really stand out.

My dream drum synth in probably analog 808+909 + a hardware version of Reason's sample based redrum, or even MPC like on the sample side, then add lots of arbitary length loops, MPC style on-the-fly pattern programming with roland step programming - and NOT limited to stupid 32 steps max. And a bunch of MD like performance control, including via midi.

Just have to remain hopeful.

• Members

The problem with reading from Flash is that it's just not fast. The Roland SPs do this too and have limited polyphony - I hope that at least there's "invisible" buffer memory (e.g the samples can be played directly from card but in song mode they get buffered to internal quickly so playback is solid).

Archived