The NPD Thread

• Members

We should condolidate all NPD/New Whatever Day threads into one easy-to-read thread which can sit side-by-side with the "What's In the Mail?" thread.

Post your new accquisitions, pictures and thoughts on the stuff here. :thu:

I'll go first:

meat007.jpg

This is my D*A*M* Meathead clone I built last night. I got a chance to wind it up through a Marshall JCM800 combo today and MY GOD, it sounds amazing! :eek:

I hate buzz words but this thing is focused, tight, aggressive and surprisingly versatile. I'm going to put it through its paces over the next few days but I think it may earn a place on my board. Anyway, gratuitous gut shot:

meat004.jpg

I'm getting a PN-2 next week too so expect a brief report on that too.

Now it's your turn. :wave:

• Members

Oh so now you're interested :poke:

It's built on a PCB from http://pcb4diyeffects.blog.com using carbon film resistors and a ramshackle mixture of caps.

I selected the transistors which were some of the higher gain ones I had in my stash. It is essentially a silicon Fuzz Face circuit with the gain pot omitted - so basically it is all action all the time. The high-gain trannies just hammer that point home and make for a very nice tone, ideal for stoner kind of sounds but also useful for general lead playing.

It is a very quiet circuit and, as I say, tight as hell. I'm very pleased with this; makes me glad I ordered 2 PCBs :thu:

Archived