Tubes fo B3/Leslie/Speakeasy

Markyboard

• Members

I need a replacement tube for one side of my Speakeasy stereo preamp. I've only used the B side up to now as that's what drives my Leslie. But since my preamp is accessible for repair I figure I'd take care of this. Can someone steer me to a thread or other info discussing different brands of tubes and such? This may have been discussed on this forum before. Thanks

• Members

How long have you had your preamp? I asked Speakeasy about tube replacement and they were talking on the order of years of use before needing replacement, depending on use. If you are using it mainly for weekend gigs they should last a long time.

• Members

I've had the preamp several years (Mar 03). I used it in stereo for about the first 8 months with my CX-3 before I got a Leslie which works off the B side only. So it was a while before I tried the A side again and found it not working. I didn't worry about it since I've been using it with the Leslie exclusively. Only now I'd like to fix it since it's currently disconnected (home studio revamp) and got curious. Now I know it's a bad tube.

Archived