Please help!! M1 Le License issue still

Bach42t

• Members

Okay I am still trying to figure out what the deal is with the M1 Le software that came with the K-49. I sold it (with the keyboad) to someone on eBay (never installed) and after getting through to the end of registration License code provided by server says "invalid".

Also got this from Korgusernet

The IP address assigned to KORG USER NET (korguser.net) is being changed on August 29.

We regret that you will not able to connect to KORG USER NET and get the License Code if you are using the following older versions which are copy-protected with Challenge/Response code.

KORG Legacy Collection w/ MS-20 Controller (KLC-1) v1.0.0 - v1.1.9

KLC-ANALOG EDITION (KLC-AE)* v1.0.0 - v1.0.2

KLC-Virtual MS-20 (VMS20)* v1.0.0 - v1.0.2

M1 Le v1.0.0 - v1.0.2

So if I read this correctly he can download the newer version and it will work????? I believe he may have one of the older versions. I don't know why downloading the new one would matter!!!?????

• Members

Okay I am still trying to figure out what the deal is with the M1 Le software that came with the K-49. I sold it to someone on eBay (never installed) and after getting through to the end of registration License code provided by server says "invalid".

I am not exactly sure what you are saying here.

The process I assume your Buyer should use is:

1. Go to www.korguser.net and click on "New Users Click Here" in the upper right-hand corner of the page. This is where your Buyer would create a new user account.

2. Using the email address and password just created, login on the first page

3. Click the "Register Another product" button on the right-hand side

4. On the "Product Name/Version" pull-down, select "M1 LE"

5. Enter in the required info including "Authorization Code" (from the CD case or on a card), and "Locking Code" (displayed as part of the software installation process).

6. There should be some type of "response/License code" (I forget what it is called) that he should receive that he can use to "finalize" the installation.

7. He should then be able to use the "Download for Registered users" to download the most current version.

Products like the M1LE (and earlier versions of KLC-1) use a "Challenge/Response" authorization system, which ties an installation to one physical computer.

As long as you haven't registered the software, he should be able to register it.

• Members

Ok, thanks Martin, however I can't sell the keyboard without the software for it which has the M1 Le on it. I have directed the buyer here.. to take a look but by all counts it's just not authorizing. Believe also it would have a box pop up that it's "already been registred" which is not the case. Just saying invalid.

• Members

Oh yeah, he said going through the software takes him to a blank page cannot be displayed so he went to the k usernet site directly and tried to register it that way. He sent me a couple screen shots but this is hard without it in front of me.

• Members

He is probably going to have to contact Korg USA Product Support.

What OS platform and version? I wonder if the "Locking Code" generation is getting messed up.

A "challenge/Response" authorization uses some type of algorithm to identify a specific computer. The "Locking Code" (the Challenge Code) is the result of that operation. The License Code (the Response Code) is generated by the Korg server. It may be possible (I have no clue) that if he is trying to install on a newer OS (like Vista or Leopard), something is getting messed up generating the Locking Code.

Archived