Prophet 2000 repair

gilwe

• Members

This one went in today. Powering up, the floopy drive LED is constantly on,

and no display or sound. Power rails are ok (+5v, -12v, +12v)

I'm not familiar with that old beast at all. Is it supposed to read anything from the floopy drive in order to boot ? Does the LED should light up for a few seconds, then turn off,

followed by the display showing the default patch number ?

:confused:

... does it really worth the fix anyway ? :rolleyes:

• Members

It should power up without the floppy. It will default to the onboard ROM patches using the onboard waveforms. The OS resides completely within the instrument. Your boot sequence seems correct, though it has been a while for me to attempt to remember. It should make sound when the #1 patch is loaded.

Is it worth it? One you can judge. It is one of the best sounding samplers out there as far as warmth and low-end goes. You will need to temper that with one of the world's worst interfaces though. Operating the instrument will most likely make you run crying to your mommy.

• Members

hehe, sure, those floopy disk based samplers.... I think this instrument more curiouses me then asking for repair ;)

BTW, Wes, have you got my latest PM ? I'd really like that P5 panel delivered so I can complete the project, if this is still possible of course.

Thanks man ;)

:wave:

Archived