Anything new from Kawai at NAMM?

Karma1

• Members

Seems like they've been out of the synth business for far too long. Although they've always been the underdog against Roland, Korg, Yamaha, etc. they've made some great synths over the years. I thought the K5000 was one of the most interesting and innovative synths ever made, and I still use my K5000R a lot in the studio. Hell, I still even get some occasional use out of my old K1m module. I also thought the K4, which I used to own was a worthy competitor to the Korg M1 and Roland D50 at the time. I'd love to see them come out with something new that would knock peoples socks off, although they seem to be focused mainly on pianos, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Any Kawai synth sightings at NAMM?

• Members

....I thought the K5000 was one of the most interesting and innovative synths ever made, ....

+1 :thu:

I had a K5M, K5000W & K5000S - still haven't found anything that can really replace them. A couple softsynths kind of get close.

I don't think it'll happen tho. The only digital synth I can think of that ever was a real hit with the market was the DX7.

Archived