strange problem with a T-rex pedal footswitch

D-River

• Members

The switch on my Moller broke phisically (it didn't "click" anymore), so I replace it with a new, identical, 6-pole switch, wiring it exactly as the original was...but now I have a strange issue: I have to stomp on the switch twice instead of once to engage or disengage the effect, and if I stomp on it too many times in a short time the switch stops working completely for a little while...I tried also other wiring combinations of the switch but no way. My father, which is skilled in electronics, helped me in changing the switch and tried the switch with a tester and it works perfectly, so the problem must be in the circuit...do you have an idea of what could have been happened? Could it be fixed or the pedal is completely {censored}ed up? Thank you very much!

• Members

Thank you very much! I think you've solved my problem! I will contact T-Rex just for information to what switch is to buy (I have no warranty, I've bought the pedal used without even the original box)...I'll let you know! Thanks again! HCFX rules...:cool:

• Members

Indeed, most of the T-Rex pedals are buffered, and use momentary switches to control an electronic switching circuit. A latching switch will only give the circuit the right "pulse" on every other push, so you need to replace it with the right switch. If you talk to the people at T-Rex, they can steer you right.

Archived