Getting back into the FX 'zone' after time away??

• Members

Right,

I recently (last autumn/fall) went out and started amassing my electric guitar rig after having to sell EVERYTHING about 10 years ago to feed & house myself. It was a sad day when my old tube amps, cranky pedals and vintage & rare guitar collection all got taken down and flogged to a pawn shop :( I lost 3 amps, 12 guitars and about 15 stompboxes that day!

I came into some money through work and decided to start again. I bought a SS amp and a few guitars (Gretsch Jet, Fender Jazzmaster Big Block & Danelectro 63), and a couple of pedals - EH Double Muff, Mellowtone Singing Tree and a BBE Two-timer delay. I'm chopping in the SS amp for a fender tube amp shortly as I REALLY miss tube tone

The time has come to amass my FX collection again....BUT, things have changed alot in FX-land since I last went shopping for them! So I want some advice on what to get to get a good 'board up & running.

SO....

What should I get? I've always been a firm believer in staying analogue and intend to carry that on. Ive been on the web researching for a while & decided, where possible, I'd like to support independent builders (boutique)... even though it'll work out more expensive.

Suggestions please on several of each for tonal range:

FUZZ

???

OVERDRIVE

EH Double Muff

Mellowtone Singing Tree

TREMOLO

Colorsound???

WAH

Buddah?

DELAY

BBE Two-Timer

REVERB

Spring Chicken???

WHAT OTHER COOL yet USABLE EFFECTS ARE OUT THERE?

Stuff I play is a mix of styles influenced by artists like: Melt Banana, Mogwai, Sonic Youth, Toe, Silverchair, some blues, 60's garage etc etc - basically, experimental heavy alternative indie type stuff LOL

Cheers all in advance!

Archived