How much would you pay??

Jasontarkus

• Members

I live in Australia & I've always wanted a Model D Minimoog. Needless to say they're pretty rare over here, so my best chance of getting one is from the US. (Especially now -- the US to AUD exchange rate is very good). I've been watching a few recently and they've been going for as much as US$3,600+:eek:

This seems pretty high -- fair price do you think? I can't ever see them doing down in value though??

• Members

I've played a LP (and REALLY liked it) plus I own a Voyager (which I love too).

But nothing sounds like a model D (I hired one a few years ago - man it was awesome!!)

Stick to your guns. The new moog stuff is GREAT in its OWN context but a model d is touched by the hand of GOD.... And I don't believe in GOD!

I paid, 2 days ago, 3000 for mine. Its coming next Wed. Im not sure I can wait that long!:thu: I thought 3000 was too much but its in killer shape and serial number under 5000. Don't believe Mr. Moog either when he says there is no difference... Hes wrong. I know, flame all you want, but its true. He sadly is an engineer FIRST and a musician second. The improvements changed the sound slightly(serials above 10000) EVEN with the variance between synths(they all sound slightly different-gotta LOVE imperfection in this perfect world)... Ill trade stable oscs for mojo ANY day!

Now I need a midi to CV converter!

• Members

I think your avatar needs to find the recent hairdo thread!

.. .. ..

Sounds like you've got a lot of yummy coming ... Pig out!

Actually the moog will make my hairdo seem AHEAD OF ITS TIME! I had a really good month last month so Im finally upgrading to Protools HD2 and bought the minimoog! All from making music- life is GOOD! VIVA MODEL D!:love:

• Members

Stick to your guns. The new moog stuff is GREAT in its OWN context but a model d is touched by the hand of GOD.... And I don't believe in GOD!

I paid, 2 days ago, 3000 for mine. Its coming next Wed. Im not sure I can wait that long!
:thu:
I thought 3000 was too much but its in killer shape and serial number under 5000. Don't believe Mr. Moog either when he says there is no difference... Hes wrong. I know, flame all you want, but its true. He sadly is an engineer FIRST and a musician second. The improvements changed the sound slightly(serials above 10000) EVEN with the variance between synths(they all sound slightly different-gotta LOVE imperfection in this perfect world)... Ill trade stable oscs for mojo ANY day!

Now I need a midi to CV converter!

Did you get yours off e-bay?

• Members

$3,600 seems a bit stiff (USD$ I assume?)

Still, if its in great shape, needs no calibration and comes with a road case you could do worse. After all, like Harvard, there is no substitute. I have a Voyager and I love it but its no Model D. IMHO, I have two Studio Electronic SE1-X Mini clones that sound more like a model D in the track.

• Members

I've played a LP (and REALLY liked it) plus I own a Voyager (which I love too).

But nothing sounds like a model D (I hired one a few years ago - man it was awesome!!)

Sir, you are suffering from a Minimoog jones. The only known cure is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190202531133&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

(It was only played in church?)

• Members

Another good one - just driven, er, played in church on Sundays!
:thu:

With no mention of serial number and a low feedback score... Me no likey! Near mint is a wonderfully good sounding completely AMBIGUOUS statement!

And I love this idiot who continues to bid ALL MINIMOOG AUCTIONS to the price of $666. No joke, everyone for WEEKS- Ive been watching. Funny once maybe but for weeks...:rolleyes:

• Members

These guys say up to $1500 US.

These guys haven't updated their prices in ages, also, because they use horrible 1998-style frames, you can't directly link to their pages. I don't fault 'm for the first - keeping track of prices sucks, it makes much more sense to scan eBay and the classifieds and then find some average (and save up more than that), but the second is a pet peeve.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/moog/moog.shtml is what you wanted, and to prove the statement above, there's no way you're going to get a Jupiter 8 for $500-$1500.

• Members

as the title states..."how much would I pay"....about $600.
:wave:

+1.

Well, I guess I'd pay about 1/8 the price of an Omega 8, or 1/16 the price of an Andromeda, or maybe even close to the price of an SE1X (close to, because it'll probably need some work).

Maybe a little more than that for nostalgia and bragging rights, ;)

It would be pretty cool to have one though. :cool:

• 6 months later...

Archived