What should I buy as my First Sequencer?

scarified

• Members

I just got a ESX-1 for 451 dollars... think I'm finished now. I saved a load of money altogether though.

I don't know where to get a decent stand that will hold 2 keyboards and the groovebox though. You see them being used all the time but they never stock them in shops.

• Members

I just got a ESX-1 for 451 dollars... think I'm finished now. I saved a load of money altogether though.

I don't know where to get a decent stand that will hold 2 keyboards and the groovebox though. You see them being used all the time but they never stock them in shops.

I got a three tier rack for $60 on eBay, but that was nearly three years ago. Once I get a MiniKP for vocal effects, my set up will be complete.

l_4d8fd03c5a4c8e7e39a17e53889f539d.jpg

• Members

It's possible to set it up this way:

1. R3 MIDI Out to EMX MIDI In

This will make it so that the R3 acts a playable controller for recording on the EMX in real time, but then to play it back you have to rewire the synths for the following:

2. R3 MIDI In to EMX MIDI Out

With this, the EMX will act as the controller for the R3. But in order to program anything else, you'd have to switch MIDI set ups again, or just learn to program using the EMX pads.

Another option would be obtaining a cheap Casio with MIDI Out, so you can use that as a simple controller for the whole set up, but then you'll end up with a mess of wires going everywhere and a Conga line of keyboards.

can't you just plug r3 midi in to EMX midi out and R3 Midi out to EMX midi in, at the same time, to make what you are saying work?

Archived