two tiered pedalboards- build your own...

dcsween2006

• Members

I'm getting ready to work on a pedal board. I have a pedaltrain pt-2 currently, but I also use a roland gr-9 guitar synth and want to get the whole mess plugged in and ready to use with minimal set up time. Ideally I want it to have power incorporated for both the guit pedals as well as the synth, with the guitar and synth outs ready to plug into their respective amps, and casters on the box so it doesn't break my back moving it.

I'm thinking of a two tiered system with a power supply built in, with the whole thing kind of tall rather than wide, since stage space is always an issue.

I'll send pictures as it comes together.

Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? I'm talking about having enough room to step on pedals underneath the tier; a pretty big space vertically...

• Members

Yeah, it's still in the theoretical stages. Whatever building materials are involved would need to be as light as possible. Even with casters or built in wheels, the way you'd pick up the box needs to be ergonomic/not back breaking. And it's not worth it if it doesn't make like easier (bottom line= I want to unlatch it/uncover it, plug in power, connect to amps and done, that's it, nothing else!). thinking about maybe wheels built into back corners, providing the slight angle, and lid that opens off of top/front all in one, sides basically always covered. it would certainly be stable, and maybe not as overbuilt that way.

• Members

Now that I'm thinking about it, you're right- it will be a freakin' HUGE box, too large to transport easily. the pedaltrain is convenient, but only because you can fit it in small spaces. to make it so it's footprint is always laying flat kills it's functionality at all times except when it's in use. damn. back to the drawing board.

Archived