electro rack Q for memphis

• Members

Hi Memphis, and congratulations on your new house!

I have the same set-up (rack and M-Audio 61es) and was wondering what you do to make the ac. piano more acceptable- the black keys (esp. Db and Eb an octave above middle C) are WAY louder then the surrounding white ones. AFAIK there are no different velocity curves on the M-Audio, correct me if I'm wrong.

I tried my RNC compressor, which tames it somewhat, but thinking I could do better- possibly could dial in better settings though.

This will be a great opportunity for others to chime in to slam the Electro ac piano sound, but I have gotten fond of it when controlling it with my Yamaha P120. It responds very musically and I like the attack portion of the sound. It reminds me of a funky/cool New Orleans-type recorded piano sound, great for blues. Thanks to Kanker on the "other" forum for the inspiration. I know I could register at MP and tell him myself but frankly, I'm not worthy.

• Members

I actually use my Studiologic VMK to control the piano sounds on my Nord. In fact for anything velocity sensitive (i.e. not organ), I find the M-Audio completely unacceptable. Well maybe not completely, but I will say I'm in the market for something to replace the M-Audio.

Archived