What happened when I reserved a Fusion at Sweetwater

• Members

Ok, I called Sweetwater and my rep was verrrrry negative about trying to get a refurb Fusion from Alesis and diddling it up (he told me that other keyboards I could get would "sound better" which I suppose is true with the original Fusion sample set but not of course for the VA and FM and many of the Hollow Sun samples . . . he said he would look into it but I'm going to call him tomorrow and tell him to fuhgeddaboutit. All I originally needed was 88 weighted keys and I need them now.

They don't carry Fatar at Sweetwater, so I'm going ahead with a VMK 188 for a very reasonable $600 from audiomidi.com, my fine local folks here in Chatsworth. I can walk right in and carry it out and get going already with my work . . . well, maybe one of the employees will help me carry it out, it's heavy!

With the money I save I can get the other software I need. So this is the conclusion of my Alesis Fusion adventure. It was not to be. But I'm happy to move on. :)

• Members

I checked on those. The MM8 doesn't come out until July, the KX88 "sometime in May". The main project I've got requires demos with piano, piano, piano. I've done without 88 weighted keys for many years, and I love synth action, but . . . I must bow to the inevitable. :)

Archived