Roland System 100

• Members

So - who owns a Roland System 100?

sys100.jpg

I've got the main '101' and the '102' that stands behind it. Bought them nearly 20 years ago for about $100!

I use them in conjunction with the M. Voyager via the VX-351 to form a small modular set up.

Any other System 100 users out there? Maybe someone with the step sequencer and/or mixer? (Or the speakers??)

• Members

Yes, I'll put some sound clips up soon...but as for sound, I'd put the sys 100 in between the Voyager and the Model D.

The S100 is rawer than the Voyager - its not as big as the D though.

Its got a great filter but a pretty slow ADSR.

Interesting fact - these early Rolands (System 100, SH series) are quite common in Australia. They pop up on e-bay all the time.

Compare that to Moog, ARP, Oberheim etc - which are very rare over here. In the last 5 years I've only seen 1 Minimoog on e-bay in Aust!

• Members

i love the sound of the system 100. not as flexible as the 100m, but better sounding in my opinion. the system 100 is all over certain joy electric and early human league albums. ive never had my hands on the mixer section and the sequencer is nice but pretty limited in comparison to others like the arp sequencer and eml-400 for eg.

mini

Archived