NPD + NGD - awesome content

dunnoaname

• Members

Hey guys!

Both of these aren't exactly HCFX favourites but here we go!

foto9t.jpg

EHX the Worm.

This is an analogue modulation multifx. It's got:

Wah: Pretty useless on Auto mode, but on manual mode it works for money for nothing tones and also broken radio tones.

Phase: More control than the small stone I had, but not as good sounding. It's OK though. manual mode is interesting. I can get some acoustic simulator tones, and also make hummies sound sorta like singles.

Trem: Regular tremolo. Doesn't get very deep and not choppy at all. Don't use a lot of trem so this is good for the occasional stuf.

Vibrato: I like this mode the best. It doesn't get very deep, but it's a cool effect. Very nice.

So basically it is an all in one modulation thing. Only miss chorus. I'm not so sure I'll keep this unit, the effects aren't great. They're OK, just not great.

SO NOW THE REAL EXCITEMENT!

I was looking for a guitar to travel with (I'm leaving to India for a month next week) . Tried out traveler guitars, little martin, martin backpacker, small nylon stringed acoustics. etc.

Didn't feel like I was going to use any of those except when travelling. They simply don't have the sound and feel of a 'real' guitar.

So I went to a store and tried out a steinberger. Came home with this:

foto12i.jpg

Steinberger Synapse ss2f custom

Awesome guitar. It looks fugly, but it plays really really really good. The sound is very clear and direct. Precise. This guitar is great for players looking for a tight and precise style. I wouldn't recommend it too Jack White :p

The EMG's are suitable for lots of music, not just metal. My guitar teacher (Jazz player, plays a gibson lucille) was blown away.

The build is great quality, every little aspect has been thought through all the way. Great balance, leg rest for sitting, tine compartement with allen wrenches on the back. Stays in tune forever, and tunes like a dream.

I couldn't be happier.

Archived