Dano drive characteristics?

Thorhead

• Members

I am gonna buy a new drive pedal for Xmas, since money is tight its going to be one of the Danelectro's drives.

I already got TS-10, SD-1 and a Boss OD-3. How do the Transparent OD and normal OD compare to these?

Is the normal drive basicly a slight mid boost high gain drive?

And the TOD a rather transparent low drive drive?

I think I want something warm/slight mid boost sounding, I guess I do go for todd, since the SD-1 is similar to the normal overdrive... Maybe stacked tube screamer and tod would sound good :cool:

• Members

I think I want something warm/slight mid boost sounding, I guess I do go for todd, since the SD-1 is similar to the normal overdrive... Maybe stacked tube screamer and tod would sound good

Depends on how much gain you want. The CCD has more drive than the TOD and the two together is a ridiculously sick combo considering the price. You might be better off getting the TOD because you can mod your TS-10 and OD3 later on down the line to make them into beastly overdrives. The TOD will be able to boost these pedals and add that extra bit of sparkle and gloss to it.

• Members

How about the daddy'o? I'm using it a lot lately with a sd-1 as a boost...it's darker sounding than the sd-1 and by itself give me a nice dark sound for my crunch, and with the sd-1 i can get a nice lovely boost for my solos. And using just the sd-1, i can get a bluesy lead tones too..

Archived