Converted Wurlitzer 206 to 200a

funk5

• Members

Hi all, I have an opportunity to locally get a chopped 206 wurly student piano to 200a specs, which was the beige color. It's in pretty good cosmetic shape with minor flaws and good keys, kept in a studio, recently tuned, cleaned, and action is good. No sustain pedal, no legs, and he's asking $550 for it. What do you think, a good deal? Thanks.

• Members

If you don't care about authenticity, you can get away with a platform keyboard stand. And the pedal is nice, maybe even important, but not necessary to the operation of the piano.

I picked one up for $100 in excellent condition and did the conversion myself. It was actually 3 for $350 but my friend paid for 2 of them. I have the pedal but don't use it because it needs to be put into a pedal-sized enclosure.

• Members

I have to admit, that I already have a chopped beige student wurly. I don't have a sustain pedal, but via the internet have learned how to make one real cheap. I really just thought I could probably flip it on ebay for an extra couple hundred or so. What can I say, guilty as charged...

Archived