What am I buying? (Weird distortions and synth gear content)

Retarded Tiger

• Members

The Schumann is off the docket, at least until official re-release occurs. The "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude seems to be the prevailing one on other forums too.

The Metasonix, after further reading, is questionable. It seems to have severe hum even when bypassed, which would require isolation in the effects chain. Not a deal breaker considering the craziness it could provide, but if the auction goes too high I have to consider the fact that it is just a single effect and for not much more (two months savings or so) a KV-100 Assblaster could be had :love:

The Zvex stuff seems the most controllable and pretty {censored}ing versatile.

I am really leaning Dark Energy at the moment though. There's something to be said for a self contained, mini modular....... plus I could buy another and have a pretty full fledged little modular sitting on the opposite side of my main synth live.

So, in summary, ARRRRRRRRGH 2.0 :mad: (at least I ruled out the schumann :idk:)

• Members

Can you even run a guitar through the Dark energy? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm only seeing CV inputs.

Yeah, the Dark Energy isn't really a guitar processor. I just included it because it's definitely one of the decisions. That part of the poll doesn't belong in the effects section per say........ but it's so {censored}ing cool!

The fact that you can buy two, build as you go, and have a two osc modular with crazy FM and patchability is intriguing........ especially since I have most of the "normal" synth sounds down in my Virus.

• Members

Yeah, the Dark Energy isn't really a guitar processor. I just included it because it's definitely one of the decisions. That part of the poll doesn't belong in the effects section per say........ but it's so {censored}ing cool!

The fact that you can buy two, build as you go, and have a two osc modular with crazy FM and patchability is intriguing........ especially since I have most of the "normal" synth sounds down in my Virus.

with the dark energy I believe pigtronix does a cv out mod to there synth pedal so you could "play" it with a guitar

also if you got a sonnus G2M Guitar to MIDI converter (for under $100 new) you have yourself a very versatile digitally controlled monophonic guitar synth :cop:

I believe you can even control just the filter via midi and so could split your guitar signal, using one to create a midi control message for the filter and the other to pass through the filter giving you a weird envelope type effect but more tweakable (this is purely conjecture on my part as I haven't played with either) :blah:

• Members
with the dark energy I believe pigtronix does a cv out mod to there synth pedal so you could "play" it with a guitar

also if you got a sonnus G2M Guitar to MIDI converter (for under $100 new) you have yourself a very versatile digitally controlled monophonic guitar synth
:cop:

I believe you can even control just the filter via midi and so could split your guitar signal, using one to create a midi control message for the filter and the other to pass through the filter giving you a weird envelope type effect but more tweakable (this is purely conjecture on my part as I haven't played with either)
:blah:

You know what, I was just thinking this today. That Sonnus converter is the absolute {censored}. Me like-a the way you think.

• Members

K, the TX-1 went for $676.00 and honestly, after seeing several Metasonix auctions go this high every time, I think at this point I'm just going to either:

A. Save the extra 200 bucks and get a KV-100 Assblaster.

or

B. Get a Dark Energy.

Still can't decide. Maybe a new poll is in order :idk:

Archived