OT: Harmony Reissues

rossowj

• Members

I haven't played one, but they intrigue me as well.

I think St. Vincent plays a Bobkat reissue.

stVincent.jpg

And I'm pretty sure that's a Stratotone Jupiter that Jessica Dobson (one of Beck's guitarists) is playing.

2984325774_e5d6fd5bdd.jpg

Hip women seem to like them.

• Members

Isn't the whole point of those that they're vintage guitars you could afford? They're not vintage and not cheap. The Bobcat and Jupiter are unique enough, but the rest I'd rather just have a used Gretsch.

Anyone ever play the original Jupiter? I really want an old guitar and don't have much money, and like how the Jupiter looks. I don't know about the neck though, I played a mid 60s Rocket and it was complete garbage. The fretboard was way too thin, the high E barely fit on it, it was just awful. Even a setup and fretjob couldn't save it.

The plan was to get the 1 PU model, strip the hardware, load it up with GFS parts, then age 'em. The other idea was to find a no name cutaway arch top and make a ghetto ES-175.

• Members

word, thanks guys. I just love the layout of the knobs on the H59 Rocket. I like the jupiter a lot aswell except i like playing double cut guitars much more that single.

yes annie clark makes that bobcat look real nice

• Members

they all look super sexy sweet but.

if you look, you can find the orignals for these prices. sometimes cheaper.

but i guess the build quality would be better.

i dont know.

iv'e played a metor and rocket and wanted one since. but couldnt justify the cost.

Archived