Alesis Fusion Freakout!

• Members

I'm sure this is a simple answer. I haven't used my Fusion since Jan. The last six months I've been busy buying my new home. During the move I left my Alesis boxed up. Yesterday I spent a few hours setting up my home studio in the new house and my Alesis failed booting up on the first two attempts. On the third attempt it played samples clearly, however after a few minutes the sound quality started to degrade... until there was nothing but noise emitting from the outputs. I haven't done a recent update and I've played this synth probably less than 20 hours.

Anyone experience this?

• Members

Huh, weird, man.

It seems like every day there happens a new reason that states how unfinished that product is ^^' Kind of like Neuron but maybe even worse. I wouldn't buy Fusion if it were sold dirt cheap. OK, maybe 88key one, but I would use it as master controller. Maybe. If I'm convinced :D

• Members

I looked for the manual of your machine online, in vain.

Read the operating specs of the synth: storage, temperature, humidity and that type of thing. In what kind of enivornment was it stored? Was it exposed to sunlight during that period for example? etc.

I would contact the manufacturer immediately and tell them everything, truthfully. Did you "register" it on the manufacturer's website? Is the warranty still effective?

Saw the pics online. Looks like a great machine.

Best of luck:)

• Members

Actually I remember this happening once before... before I put it in storage. The outputs worked fine and then over a few minutes the quality of the outputs would degrade and then suddenly it would emit just white noise. I'm going to try it today to see if it happens again today. I'll keep everyone updated.

Archived