My DD7 died... help me find the cause

Kaz2550

• Members

I was rearranging my board today and I think my DD7 died on me:cry: I was wondering if you guys could help work out what went wrong? Trust one of the most expensive pedal to go:facepalm: Wish it took out the tuner instead.

I've been using this power supply with a daisy chain, which has always been a bit on the buzzy side but worked fine.

The symptoms are:

- DD7 makes no sound

- If DD7 is connected to the daisy chain, the other pedals do not receive power.

I think I'm gonna have to send it in for repair:cry:

My chain is

guitar > double looper

Whammy (separate AC PSU) > Boss CE2 > DD7)

amp

I was wrestling with the daisy chain trying to fit it to the looper, CE2 and DD7 when DD7 died. I was told that the looper used to be positive tip, but was changed to negative. I trust the seller but hypothetically speaking, if this claim was false could this have caused the damage? Or is it more likely the dodgy PSU?

• Members

Yeah I have another single 9V plug but no luck.

On my powered SKB board it has a powered battery clip thing as well so I tried that on the battery clip in the DD7 no luck there either. Interestingly, powering it this way still sucks all the power out of the power supply and other pedals don't receive power this way either.

Archived