Recommend for me a good delay stomp box

Telecruiser

• Members

I am in the process of building a new pedalboard. One of the items I am looking for is a good delay stomp box. If it had true bypass that would be great but if doesn't steal tone in the off position that is OK too. I looked at the Eventide Timefactor but that is a lot more than what I'm looking for.

Item I have so far

Eventide Pitchfactor

Wampler Big Dog

Wampler Triple Train Wreck

Voodoo Labs Tremolo

Joe Meek FloorQ

I am also looking to add a TC Electronics chorus

Thanks!!

• Members

Boss digital delay is the bomb.

DD-3 one trick pony, digital with a bit of warmth.

DD-5 classic digital delay.

DD-6 Harsh as hell, if you want super hardcore digital delay (like I love but many hate) this is the pedal.

DD-7 A tool with so many great uses.

Or ya know EHX or Space Echo or something for your analog needs. But for me Digital Delay is the most important.

• Members

Do you want/need a loop in the delay, tap tempo, analog or digital, what about modulation?

I have a Malekko Ekko 616 that I like a ton. Doesn't have a loop or tap tempo though.

I'm looking for a straight ahead delay (digital or analog) that is not a tone thief. If it has true bypass it would be tits but if it has none or very little tonal affect then that's fine also. Looping, mod etc. are not needed at this time. I wnat to keep it simple.

Thanks

• Members

Simple, cheap and cool, and TB IIRC, the EHX Memory toy. Dark degrading repeats. I would suggest this plus a digital delay of some description. Ibanez DE7 is probably the cheap digital of choice around here, but I've never played one.
Steve

Archived