Komplete 5/Receptor Question(s)

Palaver

• Members

Hey forum,

I was just wondering if any of you know when Komplete 5 was released? Is that due for an overhall or is it relatively new? I did a search on it's a release date but came up short.

My other question relates to the Receptor. Do any of you know when the Revision 'C' boxes were released? Any info would be greatly appreciated, on both.

My main reason for asking - I'm really interested in a Receptor, and the Komplete package looks pretty damn sweet. I also want to run the new Spectrasonics software when that drops in the fall...

Thanks as always,

Phil

• Members

Native Instruments has a recent track record of releasing versions of Komplete every fall. Komplete 5 was announced in September 2007 and IIRC was shipped in October.

Regarding the Receptor, do NOT automatically assume that it will support any and all VSTs and VSTis. If the Receptor currently supports ALL of the applications in which you are interested, you will like it. However, many people have purchased a Receptor with the mistaken assumption that their favorite VSTis would be quickly supported, and they were disappointed.

Muse announced 5 months ago their "Direct Install" technology that is intended to support all Windows installers. However, the first version was released just a few days ago and it only supports Native Instruments software, not even "powered by NI" products.

If you are interested in using the Receptor with Spectrasonics upcoming Omnisphere, I would wait until the Receptor officially supports the application.

• Members

On the other hand...

Many "non supported" VSTi's run just fine if they can find the windows registry values they are expecting. Receptor has a registry substitute, which allows values to be entered by hand.

Not "clueless user" friendly maybe, but "hacker" friendly.

• Members

Most things should work on Receptor once you copy the registry entries. The main plugins that don't are those which use "aggressive" copy protections, which then have to be customized for Receptor. Basically watch out for anything dongled, or which uses challenge/response. Spetrasonics products use challenge/response, so you should definitely wait for some sort of official word from them before you buy into the Receptor if it's important to you.

Archived